Friday, October 2, 2009

xplanner+. the story begins...

the beginning...

being a team leader, I was given a task, to find an appropriate project management tool for our team. (team of web designers and web developers, with an ad-hoc development and very tight deadlines.)

I investigated a lot of project planning and tracking tools, and came across XPlanner. It's open sourse and completely free. I fell in love with XPlanner. It was so easy to use and easy to understand, but still there was one big problem: design of interface was not attractive and not user friendly.

I found like-minded person, and since that time, the development of XPlanner-plus was started.

If you are interested, just take a look on DEMO.

If you have no idea about how to use XPlanner+, you may read an available documentation for bedinners: http://xplanner-plus.sourceforge.net/documentation/

Now I can't live a day without XPlanner+ development. It's my new hobby, where I am a jack-of-all-trades, of course after my senior Java developer. I am so proud, we finished redesign and fixed some bugs.

And today I came across this article about XPlanner plus:
http://www.fairtec.at/de/it-blog-mainmenu-16/143-xplanner-plus, it flattered me. It's so nice to understand, your work is valued.

No comments:

Post a Comment